CHDC is now serving 12 Counties in Northern California:
CHDC now serves 12 counties in Northern California. Do you qualify for our buy-down or low-interest program? Review the information on this page for more details.
Vehicle Financing Options:
CHDC’s Transportation Program is an economic empowerment program that combines low-interest loans with financial education, budget consulting, and personalized management. We assist with the financing of
Advanced Technology Vehicle Loans
Through a partnership with the California Air Resources Board, CHDC is proud to offer the opportunities for customers to purchase a used reliable advanced technology vehicle.
- up to $5,000 buy down
- Plus special financing up to $20,000
- With an interest rate of up to 8%
- Up to 60 months repayment
- Financing through Travis Credit Union and Beneficial State Bank
What Is An Advanced Technology Vehicle?
Advanced technology vehicles are fuel efficient, ultra-clean, and alternative fuels vehicles. These vehicles may run on a fuel other than traditional petroleum or Diesel fuel. It also refers to electric cars and hybrid electric vehicles.
Because of a combination of factors, such as environmental concerns, high oil prices and the potential for peak oil, development of cleaner alternative fuels and advanced power systems for vehicles has become a high priority for many governments and vehicle manufacturers around the world.
Information about Eligible Vehicles:
Eligible vehicles for the purpose of this Financing Assistance Program include light-duty passenger vehicles that are either a hybrid electric vehicle (HEV), a plug-in hybrid electric vehicle (PHEV), a battery electric vehicle (BEV) or a fuel cell electric vehicle (FCEV). For used vehicles (HEV, PHEV, or zero-emission vehicles including BEV and FCEV), vehicles must be eight years old or newer with a combined fuel economy rating of at least 20 miles per gallon of fuel or more depending on the model year (See table below).
|Table 1: Minimum U.S. EPA Combined Fuel Economy Rating by Model Year|
|Model Year||Minimum U.S. EPA Combined Fuel Economy Rating|
- For a hybrid electric vehicle, 8 years old or newer with combined fuel economy rating of at least 20 miles per gallon of fuel or more depending on the model year, a maximum price buy-down of $2,500. Program participants purchasing an advance technology vehicle may be eligible for additional funding through a favorable auto loan through our preferred lenders. The funding maximums are as follows:
- For plug-in hybrid and zero emission vehicles, a maximum price buy-down of up to $5,000.
How To Apply:
Download, print and complete the intake form below and fax to the number indicated. For questions for assistance in Spanish, please call Dianna Salinas at (510) 221-2523. You may also submit your intake form in one of the following ways:
- Email: DriveEVgrants@communityhdc.org
- Fax: (510) 439-4898
- Mail: Attn: CHDC’s Driving Clean Assistance Program
Community Housing Development Corporation
1535-A Fred Jackson Way
Richmond, CA 94801
*Contact CHDC for more details
Am I Eligible?
Eligibility Requirements include:
- Valid CA driver’s license
- 18+ years old
- Ability to repay loan and cover expenses related to car ownership and insurance
- Verifiable Income
- Income up to 400% poverty level
- Not currently in or filing for bankruptcy
- Resides in the counties we serve. Call for list of counties
For eligibility questions, contact: DriveEVgrants@communityhdc.org or 510-685-4303
CLICK HERE to read the implementation manual for the Drive Clean project.